Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Soul Tripper Journey


“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”-- Anais Nin

Hello, I’m Allison...welcome to the Soul Tripper blog! I’m so glad you found me, either through an internet search for the title of my book, or from the link posted on my writing blog, The Comma Cafe.

It’s serendipity that you are here. Perhaps you are longing for a deeper sense of self and a feeling of wholeness, or perhaps you want to make big changes, pursue your goals and dreams and live a more holistic lifestyle. Maybe you are also a seeker with questions about spirituality. This is also my journey: what I like to call the path of the Soul Tripper.

I’ve been on a path of questioning, seeking and exploring for about ten years now. I’ve been blessed to know a few friends who acted as mentors for me, mirroring back to me my most authentic, creative self. I’ve been assisted in my journey by friends who are angels; however, the discoveries I’ve made are all mine, I own them, and I’ve been inspired by all sorts of different things that were catalysts for inner transformation.

In 2009, I had the idea to record a lot of these life changes I was experiencing, by writing a memoir. I have been working as a freelance writer for about five years, but nothing really prepared me to sit down and write my life story; I’m entirely self-taught as a memoir writer. Over the course of the next two years, I managed to write the story of my life (so far) in twelve chapters; the work came from my heart and soul and I believe it was divinely inspired.

In the summer 2011, I completed the first draft of my memoir; then I decided to self-publish the manuscript through CreateSpace.com. My memoir called “Soul Tripper: A Journey of Awakening” by Allison West, was published September 18, 2011 and is available on CreateSpace.com and Amazon.com: see the “Soul Tripper Book” section of this blog for ordering information.

This is just one part of the “Soul Tripper” journey. Soul Tripper was intended to be performed as a one woman show, and it’s written in that style. So the next huge goal for me is to actually stage my memoir as a one woman show, which is a big dream of mine (I know it will be life altering for me and a huge growth experience!)

The Soul Tripper blog was created to help get the word out about the Soul Tripper book and solo show. It’s also a space for me to record my journey toward living a more authentic, holistic life. I’ll also be posting information about writing memoir, self publishing and creating a solo show. I hope you’ll enjoy reading my thoughts and sharing my adventures, and also become inspired to begin your own soul tripping journey!

No comments: